Sunday, November 1, 2009

candy craze after math

Yeahhh I survived the madness of Halloween! This year was a bit different because I took the little cousins to a Halloween festival at this day care across the street from El Camino. The parental units thought it would be a lot safer so it was a good thing I went with the carnivale meets cirque du soleil outfit instead of the Lord of the Rings elfin. Mainly because I ended up spending half the night jumping around with Philip in the jumpers. I hope when he's older and has over come his autism, he'll remember that time with me - and the pain I endured for him! Thank GOD I'm short enough to pass for a teenager. Good excuse for exercise though.

So after Dann and I came home from our festive night of Halloweeneey goodness, Mom related her own trick or treat tales - she kept most of the candy. When we inquired her why she kept all the candy, she told me the kids who first came to our house took the candy without saying thank you. She got annoyed and quickly decided her well mannered kids were more deserving of her candy treats than pesky strange children.

Of course both Danny and I chimed in that children these days were making a turn for the worse anyways. Interestingly enough, the kids, the costumes and trick or treating reminded me of when Bac Khang use to make Cathy and my Jasmine costumes. They were awesome ^^ I feel like every generation feels the particular decline in moral values in younger generations. Although I did meet a charming young boy yesterday who was relishing in Dylan's awesome blue ranger costume because it was his favorite ranger. Reminded me of my own blue ranger Billy, he was a little nerd but awesome in his own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment