Monday, October 28, 2013

SuperBetter Journal: Brainy Quest #1 - The Flexible Brain

YOUR QUEST: Imagine that any aspect of your habits or thinking could be rewired with enough practice. What would you change or rewire? Why? 

If an ingenious scientist could cut open my brain, I would ask him to fix my procrastination wire and editing function. My problem is that I'm full of ambition, but without the proper organization and diligence to follow through with my plans, they're just empty dreams. I have had so many powerful ideas that come to me like waves of inspiration and I lack the energy to follow through. So then I'm just left with disappointment and a picture framed in my mind of what could have been.
I strongly believe I have really good ideas but I've noticed through my experiences in Japan, that sometimes they're too grand. This is where the editing needs to come in. I need to learn to scale down my ideas into what is manageable but still innovative. I think the solution to both to set more strict deadlines to meet. That way, I'm keeping myself in check on my efficiency through out the day, and rule out what is distracting. I'm also scared of wasting time. That may be the primary thing that holds me back from doing what I want to do. I think that's why it's better if it's for a job because at least I would be contributing to the greater picture. That makes me feel more justified to go along with my crazy ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment