Wednesday, May 27, 2009

re-adjusting to the home life

After living away from home for four years, readjusting to the "home" life is always a challenge. It means recalibrating my personal alarm clock back three hours, getting use to "parentals", learning to how to drive again and what LA road rage means, realizing that freedom is relative to how far away your relatives live to you, and the most difficult of all, what to do with your life now.

The first challenge I encountered, was learning how to re-work my television entertainment. So sometime during my semester of non-stop labor, my father decided he had waited long enough for his new HD tv. So load and be hold, there is a shiny, new, flat screen, samsung, high definition television screen sitting in my living room which requires two separate remote controls for the channels, cable, and even volume to operate. And another thing, why do we own so many korean channels? I counted at least 8 channels of korean news, soaps, and commercials, one Japanese channel, and about 5 Vietnamese channels (one is a Korean Soap Dubbed channel). Maybe it's part of the Asian package deal? o.O

Being home this time, isn't as strange as I thought it would be. It is probably because it has not hit me yet that I am officially done with colllege. Or maybe I'm still in the self-denial stage because I don't want to start crying. Or perhaps, I am ready to move onto to new things.

I think I'm ready. Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment